View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 02:15 PM   #359
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Quote:
"Heera I know you can't emulate touch in here, but can you emulate scent or taste?"
Heera's smooth mechanical voice replies: "Scent and taste are beyond the capabilities of your current accessibility device."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
"Morocco sounds simpler to remember, I'll go with that"

(tropical beach is to find pineapples, desert is to find cactus)

*chills in Morroco, trying to gain some satisfaction from the sight of pineapples and/or cacti*

I suppose she will familiarize herself with the landscape of Morroco, should she ever return to Earth to visit it.
Heera helps her quickly set up a virtual Morrocan beach, with lush sand, nearby cliffs, and a stylistic resort building on top of the cliffs.

As soon as she in the virtual room, problems stick out to her. Morocco has no native cactus's. The building is meant to look rustic and historical, but Olive finds several flaws that show it to be of modern construction. As soon as these are mentioned to Heera, she replaces the room with a different one. This one is authentic, patterned after a real place, and Olive can tell.

She finds the pineapples and finds she wants to talk to a growing pineapple. So Heera generates a garden with pineapple in the courtyard. Something is still off. Olive has Heera add a cactus. She's not sure which one, and starts browsing a catalog of cacti. Something is there, she wants to...

The image in her mind clears. She doesn't want to talk to a pineapple or cactus. She wants to talk to one of the plants she dreamed about last night. The tall stalks with four umbrella leaves stacked on top of each other and the red growths between them.

Were those from her dream or from pictures of the planet? she wasn't sure.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote