View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 11:02 AM   #351
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Olive practices for a while, pries up some circuits, joins some wires, and when she is tired, she goes to sleep.

Her dreams are vivid. She dreams of the planet, of massive starfish carefully tending plants with a nearly religious respect for the growths. The "crops" featured a central stalk, nearly 6 feet tall, with smaller branches coming off the base. The central stalk had four big solid leaves like umbrellas coming off of it, and under three of those leaves, large multilobed red growths. The plants were eirily similar, the exact same shape every time. Other plants were around, but the creatures seemed to be caring for that type.

Her dream shifted back to the beagle, and she saw a pod separate from the station-sized ship. At least in her dream.

She woke up to an alarm of sorts, going off on all of her screens. Something about unauthorized access and mutiny. Details are emblazoned across her screen.

This Vessel is on lockdown. Several members of the crew are coordinating unauthorized actions. If you see anyone performing unauthorized activity, report them. The safety of this ship may depend upon it. Do not respond to orders from any of the following individuals:

A long list follows, with pictures and links to details on each person. The only person Olive immediately recognizes is Mr. Welker.

Two other messages are waiting for her. One is flagged as from an individual on the list of unauthorized actors. The other is not.

(warning - this individual is engaged in unauthorized activity. This message has been approved and forwarded)
From Onyeka Uzochi
What are You? You are the only person we have found here. You do not command the ship. They cannot see you. We can see you. You are very strong. Can you hear us? Do you oppose us?

From Aaron Till
I'm not sure what's different about you, but your mind is different from the others. If you do not rule these minds, what do you do with them? We wish that you would respond to our messages.

Cordially,
Myself.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote