View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #251
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Anyway, so where we left off, you threw a kick, and I was deciding on how to actively defend against it. Whatever a choice, a retreat can't be used due to move and attack... would that apply to slips/sideslips/drops too?

I think I was wondering whether to parry or dodge and if that would make a difference with AP being charged to decelerate myself or to spend AP to try to evade, with the "spend no extra AP and move forward normally" not exactly being an option...

MA225 interestingly mentions "tricky to evade (-1 to enemy’s Dodge)."

So in a way, if I am moving through your hex (because I don't decelerate) in effect the evade sort of operates like a dodge against a free attack you got against me, by merit of being placed exactly in the middle of the hex, on target in my path...

You can opt not to make that attack (ie choose not to Obstruct) in which case I would move past without rolling a contest...

It seems like there would be something like 2 options if the intent is for consensual bypass (no attempt to obstruct) though:

1) person in way makes an effort to move aside, spending AP so the bypasser need not
2) person in way makes no effort to move aside, so bypasser would need to spend AP to make sure they didn't collide
3) both spend AP to move aside, requiring less effort from each ("let's both move to our respective left" or "let's both move to our respective right)
4) accidental obstruction when trying to compensate for each other but in a direction that ultimately needs to no resolution (ie Red moves to his left, Green moves to his right, they ultimately move in the same overall direction)

These are all minor variations of course, I don't know if any of it would amount to 1 AP or 2 AP increments for comparison, would work a lot better if using 0.1 AP increments, maybe tied to a bonus/penalty to a roll so that more energy spent would be decreased likelyhood of a collision, so long as it's coordinated.

Actual coordination would seem a lot like a Teamwork roll. Failure might mean a random chance of choosing the right or wrong action of your teammate, either helping or impeding them.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote