View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #9
Bruno

Default Re: Human shape shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
See a Kromm Quote on it here and one by PK here.
As an aside, I use the alternate version suggested by Kromm and PK in those links for games that I run. The reason why, as a GM, I've chosen that houserule is because the "standard" ruling rewards a player who takes a bunch of similar-point-value alternate forms, while punishing a player who takes forms with a wide range of point values, or even worse, one form worth many more points than all the others.

If you have someone who can turn into a SM +2 dire-saber-tooth-tiger-man (with the ability to speak with a lisp, fully working hands, the ability to walk upright or run on all fours, great strength, ferocious claws, etc - best of all options), and a mini SM -4 saber-tooth-tiger-man (almost exactly the same template, slightly less ST to make the point costs nearly identical), he pays the same as someone else who's second form is a bright blue saber-toothed-housecat (SM-4, no hands, can't talk, ST 4, still totally can't pass for a real cat).

Both have the same big rawr-I-smash form, both have a small form for sneaking around, fitting through little holes, and so forth. The first guys small form is just better. But there's the same point cost for both of them.

That annoys the crap out of me.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote