View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #81
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Stagnation in Road Combat Designs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
"Famous" is one way of phrasing it....

*snipping for victory*

One idea I never quite managed to get adopted: A series of arenas, all different (some with lots of open space, others with really short LoS; some multi-level, some "flat"; etc.), but the players have to use the same design for all of them. Thinking of thinning out that Top armor -- best keep those two-level arenas in mind. Big fan of rockets -- good luck in the open-floor arenas. That sort of thing. (Given how most of NOVA was infamous for bringing the same design to every event anyway, it's no surprise it didn't go over.)
Yeah, I think this is where this thread converges with the CWRP thread, because if you're tailoring your car to an arena, unless you have a very wealthy and lucrative corporate sponsor that can provide you with other cars for other arenas, you're not really playing in the spirit of the game. Or so I'm of the opinion.

Meaning that a car that's got left side heavy armor and weapons might be a thing that an indy team or individual might try to pull off for one night, but after that other duelists are going to get wise and counter that design with new tactics or their own design.

And that's where the RP stuff can play a role (same car and driver, but new arena), or you just make up some house rules.

Last I checked there were over a hundred arenas, or so I recall from the Road Atlas guides and the expansion packs combined. That's not to mention race tracks and whatever else might qualify for a venue; i.e. that desert warlords encampment out in New Mexico or Arizona kind of thing.

I don't know. Maybe an RP light rule requiring the same car for three venues in a row might be needed.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote