View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
43Supporter

Default Re: Acft. Range Calculations Wonky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Don't think the actual rules went too in depth . I haven't the AeroDuel book with me , but off top of my head , most Electric PP Planes have a 'Cruising Range' of 400 Miles & a range at Max Speed of about 200 Miles .
I do have mine at-hand -- besides the formulae, nothing is said about ranges.

Quote:
Perhaps halve the power consumption for fixed wing Aircraft & Autogyros as motor's Fly Wheels constantly adjusting/cutting out when aircraft has adequate economical lift ?
I was considering something a bit simpler -- in essence: Each power plant gives a certain range at Cruise Speed, with bonuses|penalties depending on how far above|below CS one is. For ex.: The Super Airplane plant might provide 800 mi. range at whatever the plane's Cruise Speed is; down to 1/2 that for traveling at Maximum Speed; and 150% range if it's kept at half of Cruise. The Small Airplane plant, being smaller might only provide a Cruise range of 500 mi. In PU terms, that would be "1 PU/mile at Cruise; 2 PU/mi. at Max.; 2/3 PU/mi. at half-Cruise."

Quote:
Unfortunately the main writer seems to have multiple problems with maths & contradicts himself in the same product ... It's been mentioned before ( on here ? ) , that he apparently handwrote his '1s' and '2s' almost identically ! Guy who knew of him personally stated that was probably main reason why he'd been audited by the IRS .
Twice !
I also have experience of dealing with that writer -- and that's all I have to say about *that*....

Quote:
Both AreoDuel & CarWars: Tanks need massive overhauls & expansion with all the new tech , information & flying vehicles now available being reflected .
Indeed -- heck, even *cars* in _CW_ are appallingly short-legged considering what "actual" 2018 EVs are doing these days (ranges of 300 mi. at cruise, and that's electrical-only).

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote