Thread: Munchkin Promos
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Promos

Wow, that promo card page is SERIOUSLY out of date. I will be poking the webmaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putney View Post
Then for the original set Henchmonster, Step and a Half, and Mug the Shopkeeper all in color.
Along with Stacked Deck (originally from Rigged Demo), which just became available, and Go Up a Level: Go Up a Level, which is almost the most meta card we've ever done. (It has the Go Up a Level cover as its art, if that makes the joke clearer.)

Not listed in the Cthulhu section are the four promos from last year: updated versions of Research Assistant and Monstrous Heritage and two new cards: Behind Door Number 3 (for Crazed Caverns) and Whim of the Elder Gods (for using Cthulhu Dice . . . ALL your Cthulhu Dice . . . in your Munchkin game . . . ANY Munchkin game).

You also left off the two Munchkin Quest promo cards (Annihilation and 3-D Glasses), plus a third one that should be coming in the next couple of weeks. (Hint: In combination with one other card, it's one of the most FAQqed cards in Munchkin. Munchkin Quest has a game component that makes the card, with a very slight rewording, utterly clear. I'll send a signed copy to the first person who correctly guesses the name of the card in a reply to this note.)

And you ALSO left off the three Munchkin Zombies promo cards, but that's forgivable because we hadn't announced they were coming. But they're here now and should start going out in every W23 order (assuming my instructions are being followed). I can only reveal the title of one: Zombie Santa. (Those of you who have played with Waiting for Santa and Santa's Revenge are forgiven for drooling . . . yes, it absolutely IS a Santa card. An Undead Santa. This will be important later.)

Edited to add: I should also pimp the Exclusive Warehouse 23 Munchkin Booster, since nine of the ten cards it contains are not and will not be available anywhere else. The tenth is a colored Pegasus Steed. Oh, and that "2010" in the cover image at the left? If you were to infer that we might do this again, you might infer correctly.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 02-27-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote