View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #37
(E)

Default Re: [Game] Generate a military sci-fi setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
I was figuring that the habitat pods were more like idyllic haven-like zoos, because the whole premise sounds more like the Ark was run by some collector species or intelligence. That's why it'd been visiting as many civilised systems on its journey as it could. Settlement, as in colonisation, doesn't seem to fit the MO, but of course it could have some ineffably alien purpose. An experimental cross-species society? A wandering interstellar city?

I'm also not sure how they were going to get humans to join- "jump on our ship, leave home forever, and 100 generations of your progeny will know nothing more than the inside of their habitat pod"- unless it was by forced abduction or trickery. Anyway, I'm not trying to rip on the premise- just saying we need to justify why the pods would be more geared toward settlement.
How about a solution that splits the difference? The pods where luxurious zoo like habitats that had advanced and well designed life boat functionality capable of setting the foundation for a new settlement?
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote