View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 07:35 AM   #7
malloyd

Default Re: "One Eye" Starting Disadvantage and Regeneration

No. Though you're discouraged from have started with it in the first place. See Old War Wounds, Adventurers p.55 and Buying Off Disadvantages, Exploits p.93.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Yeah, but they'll be 15 points in the hole. No cp for you until you've paid it off.
Other way around - you can't even try to heal it until you have the 15 points. And arguably a $1500 cash price - the rules in Exploits don't have an exception for the magical aid being provided by a fellow PC.

If you acquired it in play, then you didn't get any points back for it, and you can get it healed. I also allow "disadvantages" for which you don't get any points back if you want (if you absolutely insist you have to have a disadvantage over the disadvantage limit for roleplaying purposes for example, I might let your character have it but it's worth -0 points for you...), which you are free to abandon any time you wish. Though for a physical problem and I might insist the player provide me with a justification beyond the "I stop pretending to have it" that works for mental ones.