View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Replicating Ming Hua's Tentacle Arms from Legend of Korra

Actually, I think your current suggestion of Extra Arms with limitations sounds pretty much spot-on. I'd argue that the fact that they're not around while she's sleeping or unconscious is basically just a special effect, not a limitation, because you don't really use your arms in those circumstances. I suppose one could argue that if you've been knocked out and are falling off something, it gives your allies fewer places to grab and save you, but I think that's enough of an edge case that it's not worth much. Maybe a -5% Nuisance Effect limitation.

For the No Fine Manipulators disad, remember you should take a Mitigator limitation on it, to represent the fact that most of the time, you do have manipulating limbs. The value of that Mitigator will probably be -90% - this is equivalent to buying the advantage "Has Fine Manipulators" and applying the -10% limitation of Elemental to it.

I'd suggest that you might want to add Ham-Fisted 1 or 2 as a disadvantage as well - it seems to me that Ming Nua's water arms, at least, aren't as capable of fine work as actual fingers would be.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote