View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.
Default Re: What WOULD you find in a dwarven mine?

This is amazing, I have been thinking about starting to build a massive dwarven fortress my self, as my players are entering into one, what you listed is good, now all you need is versions of these same things but overtaken by some kind of evil!

Smelters being operated by salamanders conjuring fire elementals!

Coal Storage with dwarven zombies on it!

Ore storage with a dragon sleeping on it.

Rare mineral storage, but rare minerals are gone and only undeads remain!

Mining operations ? More like portal to hell with Balors and whatnots!

Major Pedestrian Tunnels ? Maybe they are collapsed, haunted and full of gigantic spiders.

Rail Tunnels seems like the perfect place to be swarmed by bats.

Great Halls, maybe the remnants of a great battle, I would suggest more undeads, maybe some big prize sitting in one of their hands.

Luxury accomodation for some reason makes me think of a portal, so I suggest you could have an open portal on it, maybe pumping some sort of extraplanar in the dungeon ? Maybe even the original invasion.

Kitchen, I imagined a bunch of goblins cooking, but for what ? maybe the dragon ? or a darker enemy.

Cold Stores, seems like the ideal place for some sort of spiritual encounter, maybe an old ghost of the fortress.

Libraries, archives: Teleportation circle, lots of books thrown around and damaged, all the magical ones already taken.

Dormitories: Some undeads, some personal belongings, maybe a bunch of goblins.

Bazaar: Whatever enemy you like, probably organized and in defensive fortification.

Workshops: Same as above, plus crafters.

Open Space: A great many corpses that someone transformed into a huge bone golem!

Armouries: A bunch of well armed undead but theres a secret passage with magic weapons behind it.

Inventors workshops, completely sealed, inside all looks normal, but theres a secret passage that leads to an exit from the dungeon, also tons of tools and stuff.

Sewage farms, probably some bizarre creature no one evne heard of, or worse, lots of them!

Garbage dumps, otyugh ?

Major tunnels, Spiders, bats, dumb things.
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote