View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Clipper

Default Re: Cures! Cursed Thingy Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax View Post
A few more questions about cursed thingie:

1) Does it effect non-combat bonuses of items: 'On-fire''s ability that makes your level count as a fire attack? The thumb-tacks(?) ability to wear a second pair of shoes, extra hands (many cards), etc.

2) For items that have a variable amount of slots does it block the slots that it was being used as (thinking the 1/2 handed sword from Conan expansion) when the curse was applied?

3) Are Munchkin t-shirts (or for that matter, shot glasses, USB drives, etc) items? Can you play cursed thingie on them? Or any other cards (except cheat for the shirts).
1) Interesting question. It would seem to stop Items that would say "This weapon counts as a fire/flame attack" in the text, so I guess it should also extinguish items that count simply because of their name (e.g., Flaming Armor). I might be wrong on that, though.

As for the others, it doesn't change the type of Item it is (Headgear, Footgear, etc.), so there is an argument that the cards marked with '-1 Hand' in the card type slot might still give you the bonus hand. Items that only mention the extra hands would not. Again my interpretation could be wrong, though.

The way I consider the item to be cursed is to ignore all text on the card except the text in the bottom left and bottom right corners.

2) Yes, it would continue to block the same amount of slots that it used when it got cursed.

3) No. Items are defined in the rules as cards with a Value written in the bottom right corner, even if the value is 'No Value'. You could only choose to curse a promotional item if it has rules that say to treat it as an Item. And note that you play curses on a player, then he or she chooses which item becomes cursed. You don't play it on the Item itself.

Last edited by Clipper; 04-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote