Thread: GURPS Rifts?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 AM   #92
Wicked Lurker

Default Re: GURPS Rifts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
That's my point. I'm saying don't do that because it is silly. I am suggesting instead that Wicked Lurker not "keep the 'a shot of a modern energy weapon will kill a normal human, always'" and instead just use the GURPS stats without any attempt at mechanical conversion. Even 6dx3 is too much for a handgun, IMO, and will create bizarre interactions between weapons and the environment.
It's just a matter of scale - humans are completely powerless without psi, magic or technology in Rifts - I want to keep that. Energy weapons are dangerous to use in old (SDC) structures, I want to keep that as well.

A few TLs in the future I find it hard to imagine that, for a weapon intended to deliver lethal force, we do not succeed in achieving that goal in humans. The reason blasters are damage-leveled in the way they are in ultratech is probably because of gameability reasons, not necessarily "realism" (if you can actually call it that in a scifi setting).

☼Online courses and free stuff on GM-ing☼
Wicked Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote