View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #2
selenite

Default Re: Why is the AI so bad at original map?

The initial AI was brave. All the AI units would charge in, so you could hang back, get first shot on everything, and butcher them.

So players complained that it was too easy. The developers went in and changed the AI to say "letting the other side get the first shot on you is bad." Now it hangs back, trying to stay clear of the enemy attack range.

Which lets you effectively herd the AI units like a gaze hound intimidating the flock. They all back away and let you go where you want. Not good for the Kill the CP scenario.

Last time I played I took the two Mk III attack on the theory that I could catch the defenders between the two of them and they'd have to fight. It worked. Sort of.

One Mk III went up the right map edge. The defenders backed up until the SHVYs were with them, then went on the attack. They eventually beat down the Mk III to only some APs.

Meanwhile, on the left map edge, the other Mk III marched along and was never shot at once. Even the MHWZ passed up a chance to get a shot in, because it was afraid of the Ogre missiles (deservedly, as that's what got it, only missile I fired all game). Did I mention this was the side of the map with the CP?

Once the CP was gone the 2nd Mk III went to help out its buddy, taking a few shots in the process, but they missed.

I'd like to play humans more, but the matching making system requires both players to be in game at once and I just don't pull it up that often.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote