View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
Mister Ed

Default Re: January 8, 2018: Come to a Munchkin Collectible Card Game Prerelease Event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
If you'd gone to the store a week ago, you would have found out then. It makes sense that stores holding space-limited events would notify their regular customers earlier.
Maybe. I AM a regular customer, but I wasn't going to be spending a holiday weekend at a game store instead of home (playing new games) with my family. (And I have yet to have the employees come out and tell me about something on their calendar in advance while I was there playing games, so just being there probably wouldn't have helped.) Had I known that the pre-release was a thing, I would have checked their calendar sooner, and probably gone this PAST weekend, but I can't really make it there during the week.

But really, the moral of this story is that I need to examine their event calendar further in advance if I don't want to miss stuff. Much as I wish I had learned about this from my usual Munchkin news sources in time for it to make a difference, I have to admit the opportunity was there for the taking had I been more diligent. And what the heck, maybe there will still be a spot or two available come next weekend. I can't be the ONLY one taken by surprise by this.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote