View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #53
Varyon

Default Re: Minor League Supers [Powers/Supers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Whatever Tattletale is doing, I wouldn't call it minor league. In GURPS terms she has some sort of obscenely-roided-up Intuition, minimum; she guesses a guy's PIN from general information about him in the flashback chapter where she's just starting out on her own. In-universe, she's officially classed as a Thinker 7.
Point. Yeah, her power is arguably something like Intuition with an obscene amount of the Reliable Enhancement. I haven't finished reading what's been written of Ward (I'm at the end of book 8, currently), but it's not terribly unlikely they've given her a higher classification than appropriate. Nobody but her and Taylor seem to know the particulars of her power, and there are events making her seem more powerful than she is (she's largely thought to be the one responsible for the Undersiders' rise to power, but that was really mostly Skitter*, for example). Of course, they might be underestimating her classification, as I know at least at the beginning of Ward, the working theory is that Tattletale has the ability to find weak points, but her powers can do far more than that.

Still, I'll concede the point - while a Tattletale-lite with a less reliable ability would make a good low-power super, Tattletale herself is probably a bit too powerful.

*Spoiler:
Spoiler: