View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #1975
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
My background page is shockingly free of popups--either that or my popup killer is really on the ball. I'd basically given up on it. Maybe I'll fix it up.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERETIC/author.html

That said, I don't remember how I calculated Corp HPs. Seriously. Never been a crunchy GM and that is biting me in the hindquarters right now. I thought I used the alternate rules (GM guide pg 120) but that's just not adding up. What I can tell you are the last stats I wrote down in any coherent place, for the battle at the suburban home. For that I have the following Corp hits:

Corat: 30. One tough SOB
Kane: 24. Corat would giggle if he knew.
Ryuki a measly 15. Small, lean, and emphatically mortal.
Sunae 21
Glen 6, poor guy
Nisroc 24. Tougher than he looks, but he's major canon.
Ruby...somewhere between Ryuki and Sunae. Her focus is elsewhere. She's insisting to me that she's a lady and I shouldn't give her numbers away.
Ash 30. Cherubim are tough
Zahirah 30. Puts her dark sister to shame. No idea how that number is so high, though, as I don't recall her being that strong. Still, an earlier draft of her character puts her at 28.
Mitch 30. Par for most angels it seems.
Ajosshi the Gamester 40. Tough mudder.
Generic demon minions at 12 apiece. I didn't want to overwhelm you.

I don't quite have the focus at the moment to do the math, but if I bring the folder to work tomorrow I have a chance. With exams coming up my co-teachers are likely to hoard the students to themselves for cram sessions.

ladyarcana was a dear to send me an updated character sheet. I should...how much are XP worth again?
It looks like my math has been inconsistent, short-shrifting Kane and Glen on the Corp hits. I'm trying to figure out what I did initially, but my later math was Corp Forces x Strength and that just yields numbers that are too low in most cases. It's clear that I've used a system for Corp hits that varies from Eth and Cel hits, but I'm still sorting out how I did that. Good thing e23 works from work.

Is anyone mathematically inclined? Anyone care to reverse-engineer a system I used a decade ago?

--edit-- from an official QnA page
Quote:
It seems that even an "average" human can take a lot of hits.

The rules for calculating a mortal's hits has been changed. The new formula is: (Corporeal Forces + Toughness) times Strength. Toughness is a new attribute (only purchaseable by mortals) that costs four points per level, up to two levels; see the Corporeal Player's Guide. The second printing of the core rules also mentions Toughness, but not its cost; now you know.

Because a human no longer has a 'level' for determining when they die (In Nomine, p. 62), treat their level as one for that formula (i.e., a human dies when they take enough Body Hits to bring them to negative Strength). Toughness adds to this 'death point' so a human with 5 Strength and 2 Toughness needs to lose all their Body Hits, plus 7 more in order to die. Undead and Saints are less "crunchy" and expire after -(Corporeal Forces + Toughness) times Strength.
Last checked 8/14/07
Students are coming so I can't check Toughness on Ryuki right about now.