View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #7
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Technical grappling question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
Okay, basically pulling em out of formation is Shoving People Around, which is on p. 25. Making the shield unready (or even pulling it completely off) is on p.12. Unreadying it is the second paragraph under Grip CP, as is taking it away. The impaling CP can't be spent for that (think of them as the harpoons grip ST on the target), but you can attack through the harpoon to build up CP. Note, your opponent can attack the harpoons grip CP to get it out, so there is definitely a time limit on things!
All of this sounds about right. The harpoon wasn't considered explicitly, but it falls under a bunch of relatively straightforward categories.

It is an impaling weapon so that counts. It can grapple at a distance, so the comment about being able to do anything that defaults to ST (which includes shoving people around and takedowns, to name two) applies. You might need a rule-on-the-fly about how many control points you can spend without risking ripping it out. But TG - as a GURPS book - is as much about tools as it is worked examples.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote