View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
AurochJake

Default Re: Infantry fire order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Yeah, I 'm thinking I need to just delete and re-install the game, because mine IS having Infantry shoot as a combined force at a weapons system, then half of them take a second pot shot as individuals at treads.

I'm consistently rolling ones, in succession, and the AI is rolling fives and sixes. During the Mk. V duel, it doesn't matter which side I take, the AI consistently wipes my weapons off and I can't get theirs.

It makes the game no fun at all when you can see on turn three you physically can't win.

The most recent game, a "Mk. V Attacks" scenario:

My rolls (since I lost my weapons early, I shot far less):
1 = 12
2 = 6
3 = 4
4 = 1
5 = 4
6 = 1

The AI rolls:
1 = 9
2 = 19
3 = 16
4 = 13
5 = 20
6 = 17
That's a particularly bad set of rolls, but it's also not a huge data set. As other users have reported, the variety in rolls does seem fair when averaged out. There is nothing in the game which gives dice roll advantages to either the user or the AI, I absolutely assure you! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
And to top it off, at one point my Ogre, which had M2, when I clicked on two hexes away, moved one hex, did a full 360 degree pirouette, then moved to the second hex. I swear I am not making this up, and I don't drink.
By any chance, was your Ogre facing in the opposite direction from the intended hex you wished to move to? If so, this is expected behaviour - an Ogre will reverse if travelling in a straight line, but if this path bends at all, the Ogre will do a three-point turn and face the correct direction.

Thanks
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote