View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:22 AM   #2
Bronco

Default Re: Brought into combat // carried items argument needs resolution!

Some additional things that came up in the argument included the vague descriptions in the rule books that we thoroughly went through that relate to or address the issues. Some of these things were more obscurely written than others but there was reasonable doubt for the following statements:

1. From the core set rules: "An item card in your hand does not count until you play it; at that point it is carried." (• still doesn't say whether you have to use it or can just have it on the table)

2. "You should indicate items that can't help you, or extras not being worn, by turning the cards sideways" (• again doesn't specify if you can simply 'turn' usable, non-restricted, or items that you have an excess of sideways and not use the slot)

3. "While you are in combat, you cannot sell, steal, equip, unequip, or trade items, or play items (except for one-shots) from your hand. Once you expose a monster card, you must resolve the fight with your equipment as it stands, plus any one-shot items you choose to play" (• does not provide any information on whether bringing someone into combat is treated as if they are in combat as well and can or cannot change their equipped items before you do so)

"Q. If I use my Bond By Talking About Sports power on another munchkin to force him to help me in combat, what happens if I'm cursed with a Sex Change? Does the other munchkin still have to help me?
A. Yes. As with other discard-to-use abilities, the effect happens as soon as you activate it. If something changes after you "pay" the cost, it will not retroactively change the effect that already happened."

(• the closest thing we found to a response regarding the effect, supports the specific case of paying the cost and not allowing the other player to respond but it still does not say he's not allowed to modify before entering the combat as it can be interpreted to say the effect is only bringing the person in no matter what and not saying they cannot change before they are in combat as well.)
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote