View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 11:05 PM   #2
industrialchild

Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

The way it seems to me, from looking at the latest drafts of these rules for LADs and Vulcans, is this.

When LADs are set up, they are size 1. When they are broken down into a single cargo pallet they are effectively 1/3 of their size that they are when set up. Therefore 1 LAD on a single cargo pallet has a size of 1/3.

The Vulcan's Cargo Capacity (both internal cargo area and top cargo area can hold a total of 6 battlesuited infantry (each infantry being a size of 1) or 18 LADs on pallets (triple the amount of infantry)!

Because it's established that a Truck or Hovertruck can carry two infantry on the inside (size 2), I'd say it's safe to assume they both would be able to hold up to 6 LADs pallets! That's the way I interpret it anyways.

This could be wrong, but it seems logical to me.

EDIT (one of many): You know after all that Cat...I'm now thinking from reading the LAD rules that it is the intention of design to only allow one LAD pallet to "ride" per Truck/Hovertruck. The reason I'm thinking this now is because the Vulcan Cargo Capacity rules make it a point to tell you about how much space those areas can hold. They don't go into such detail in the LAD rules for Trucks/Hovertrucks. I believe this is the intention of design and it's just intended to be the way it is, as written. Until I'm told otherwise, 1 LAD pallet per Truck or Hovertruck.

Fantastic and thought provoking question Cat!

Last edited by industrialchild; 02-14-2019 at 12:20 AM.
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote