View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #25
Icelander

Default Nazis Fighting Dinosaurs (or Dragons, Shantaks, etc.)

While 7.92x57mm Mauser rounds would be more than enough for normal fauna, some of the worlds that these Antarctic Space Nazis will explore are home to some truly fearsome critters. As in, demonic dinosaurs, Lovecraftian horrors, regenerating monstrosities and giant insects with armored carapaces who beat up the square-cube law and take its lunch money.

While the stormtroopers of SS-Sturmkommando Totenkopf are no slouches themselves and in some locales, the Nazis simply relied on chemical weapons to do their killing, no doubt the senior Nazi leadership also took care to loot a sufficient supply of monster killing munitions when they created their new Reich.

Senior Nazis might have nice sporting Mausers chambered in elephant-hunting calibers or even the Mannlicher-Schönauer Grosswildbüchse in 12.7x70mmRB.

I'm also quite struck by the Panzerbüchse 39 in 7.92x94mm. It seems like an ideal weapon for a sharpshooter on a zeppelin to use against massive critters with hard to reach brains or other vital spots. With just minor modifications, it can also be used as the Granatbüchse 39, a handy grenade launcher, which makes it all the more useful aboard a zeppelin. I'm thinking that I'll have two aboard every scout craft.

What would be the Range, Dmg and Rcl of a 7.92mm bullet driven at 4,000 fps from one of those?

The MG 131 machine gun seems like ideal armament for the prestigious and valuable zeppelins that explore new worlds for the glory of the New Reich. Obviously, MG42s would be the main armament, but one MG 131 seems like it would be a nice addition in the case of an attack by Winter fey knights riding armoured shantaks or something even scarier.

Other ideas, suggestions?