View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 03:25 AM   #2
Icelander

Default Re: What's the highest skill level you've ever had for a PC or NPC?

Probably Sex Appeal and probably without spending a lot of points on it, too, as you describe.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall the exact skill score, but I think that an NPC, Sherilyn 'Cherry' Bell, had Sex Appeal -27 or something. She was a Super with all kinds of manipulation powers, but had spent the past couple of decades in an asylum and was really poorly socialized, so she had at most a single point in Sex Appeal.

On the other hand, I've also established that another NPC has sword skill of DX+10, about four levels of a Talent that affects it and high DX, so that might be higher. But that's an NPC that hasn't actually appeared on 'camera' and was specifically the answer to a PC's query about who the greatest swordsman in the campaign world was.

Edit: Actually, Harmel Artru, the NPC who is the greatest swordsman in the Forgotten Realms, has five levels of Talent that affects combat skills (which is my approximation of higher 'levels', i.e. Base Attack Bonus or THAC0 in (A)D&D), DX 14 and DX+15 in the Saber skill. So he has skill level 34, by far the highest I've ever given any character, PC or NPC. But, again, he hasn't appeared in a scene in my campaign and I noted down these stats only as a mental benchmark for how good 'best in the world' was.

Last edited by Icelander; 02-07-2020 at 05:30 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote