Old 09-07-2015, 12:36 PM   #31
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Sci-Fi] Managing the player that can have any skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Citation needed.

:)
Ever noticed how many of those citations end up with a scientific paper that only shows the abstract and you have to pay a monthly fee to get the full article? Ever gone looking for information on history and to get past wikipedia you have to buy an online book? Follow those links. Try to go deep. I dare you. :)

It might just be the subjects I try to 'go deep' on (history, biology, a tiny bit of astronomy), but usually past a certain point, I hit a soft wall that demands money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
That makes sense -- use the rules to create the ability the GM can live with while giving the player fair use for the price paid.
I agree, If you're going to nerf an ability, let the player get a limitation for it -- unless the nerf brings it back in line with its true cost. Charging money for Super-memorization is part of its description. Looking at the 'custom modular abilities' guidelines, Super memorization should be two of 'slow, costly, and subject to interference' -- and it isn't slow.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote