View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
voodoo54

Default Pocket-sized Edition?

I was in my FLGS (Boardwalk in Greenville, SC) the other day. They have a really good selection of board, card and roleplaying games. Even SJ games is well represented. They have a decent selection of Munchkin, Zombie Dice, Ogre, and even a couple of Dungeon Fantasy boxed sets (I backed the kick starter and bought a set from them as my backup). I think I even saw Super Kitty Bug Slap. One thing I’ve noticed is a distinct lack of GURPS products. They have a good selection of D&D 5e and Pathfinder of course. They also have a lot of Star Wars, Genesys, and LOTR books from FFG, COC, Middle-earth, Savage Worlds, FATE, and other game systems. They are not afraid of keeping hard copy RPGs in stock. I was wondering what SJ games could do to get GURPS some better on the shelf representation back in gaming stores. I think FATE, Savage worlds, and Pathfinder have been successful with the pocket sized editions of their books. Is this something SJ games might consider? Maybe a pocket-sized run of the “Core” books? Of course, the Basic set, but also maybe Martial Arts, Powers, Magic, Fantasy, and Space? I don’t mind PDFs, but I much rather have a hard copy in my hand to pass around the table and read without having to stare at a screen. Also seeing it in an actual store would grab my attention much more than maybe seeing it on social media. What are everyone else’s thoughts on this?
voodoo54 is offline   Reply With Quote