View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #1034
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm View Post
I think the main problem is it's quite easy to tune out those sources when they're a flood of other material that isn't of interest.
I fear this may be a key issue. Specifically: all of your channels are mostly Munchkin most of the time. Now, I get why that is. That line is making you literally millions of dollars, it is most of your actual products, and it's what most of your customers want. Unfortunately, that creates a wall of noise if you're not into Munchkin, and it's easier to just turn it off than to monitor for non-Munchkin blips. Your biggest sellers are, in effect, suppressing news about things outside that realm.

I'm not really on the Munchkin train, but I am consistently interested in your non-Munchkin games. GURPS products? Yes, please. More variants on Zombie Dice, like the Batman game? Yes, very much into that. Eagerly awaiting Car Wars. I went in for Ogre and the minis. And when you come out with new products that aren't part of an existing line (thinking back to, say, the introduction of Castellan or Revolution), I'll at least look into them.

Now, I'm more tuned in than the average bear to what you're up to for various reasons, but thinking about this from the point of view of someone who isn't in my specific position, I think what this means is that I don't want or need your news. Or, at least, not all of it. I want a subset of your news that I am interested in, a Munchkin-free or at least Munchkin-lite channel. And I don't know that you've got one of those. (Would this be worth your while to assemble customizable social media feeds of various kinds? No idea. Just telling you what someone kind of like me would find useful.)

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote