Thread: House Rules?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #42
Acolyte

Default Re: House Rules?

I don't think it's heretical to say that a powerful Word-Bound (especially an old one) could have multiple Rites/Servitor Attunements, even without a canonical reference. Possibly you could start a new thread discussing some potential patrons for a corporeally-focused Dreams angel--I think that would really be useful for the community at large.

Even in my defense of the Fire attunements, it IS true that the Fire dissonance condition requires that the PCs take actions not directly related to the story line, rather than just refrain from a specific action. However I find this to be less easy to work into the background than, for example, the Wind dissonance conditions (not that these are insurmountable either, just a bit trickier).

I think that turning prophetic babbling into a sideline distinction (aka set apart from the normal hierarchy) is a great plan! Good idea. However, I will say that canonically, Celestial Discord and dissonance cuts someone off from the Symphony (it interferes with resonance and your Essence generation), and so it doesn't make sense that it would penalize your ability to resist Symphonic prophecy. Rather, I would penalize the Will roll by the angel's Celestial Forces, since those represent how tuned into the Symphony you are.