View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #13
Clipper

Default Re: "Help Me Out Here" card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul_Maggot View Post
Am I correct in assuming, then, that the aforementioned item could still be played IF there was a CHEAT card?
That's a no. If the other player has the Item already Cheat!ed, then Cheat! is discarded if you take theItem as that is what Cheat! says happens when the card it is attached to is lost. You would only be able to take said Item if you met the requirements.

If you have a Cheat! card in your own hand, then perhaps you could take that Item, though. It has been ruled previously that you can take the Kneepads of Allure with Help Me Out Here! if there is somebody that you could immediately compel to help you out and make it so you are winning. Thus, if you can show you have a Cheat! card to immediately play on the Item, that seems to be the same situation as for Kneepads of Allure.

This special case is not exactly the same, though, as it does involve playing a card (whereas the Kneepads only involve using a card). I may be overruled on it, but I hope I've made a good enough case...