View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 04:01 AM   #3
Anders

Default Re: A different flavor of Ritual Path Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
What would you reorganize them as?
I like the system in Incantation Magic - except that I'd add a "Life" path to deal with animals and plants and turn Demonology back into "spirit".

Quote:
Interesting. I basically declared that Greater Effects cause Long-Term Fatigue Point loss - 1 Greater Effect is 1 LFP and each additional one causes 2 LFP. This only goes away when you've sufficiently rested and not performed any magic.
Either Distortion Points or Threshold-Limited Mana. I like Threshold-Limited Mana.

Quote:
Illusions are really limited, honestly. Unless you start going a gnostic route and then it becomes too broad. Path of Mesmerism was Toni and my's attempt to basically shove Illusion and Enchantment from DnD into a single group. You might have to do something similiar. If not. You can always create more narrower Path skills and reduce the difficulty from Very Hard to Hard.
That's an interesting idea. Maybe the rules for Optional Specialization might yield interesting results.