View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #85
naloth

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
Good catch. Blunt Trauma is another one I was flip flopping about. Should it be used in a Super game? Any problem if it's ignored.
If you aren't playing with it the "Tough Skin" limitation isn't really valid since at least half the limitation is for being vulnerable to blunt trauma. I took a -20% skin such that DR wouldn't help against skin contact based attacks.

I prefer using blunt trauma to separate the types of DR. For me, it adds flavor if bullets do minimal damage while irritating the Hulk but bounce off Superman.

Quote:
High movement in this case is in line with how he is depicted. As written, he can fly coast to coast in a matter of minutes. Of course, a high powered game like that would require some kind of "convention agreement" between the gm and players.
Sure, understand. I'd probably implement a "ghostly move" type advantage for off screen movement if you only could use it to bypass travel time. Otherwise, your version should be able to use himself as a missile (though given his DR/IT:DR, it may be a one time thing!).
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote