View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #14
Phantasm

Default Re: My Blog -- The Phantom's Belch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
600 points doesn't seem outlandish for an MMO character I'd expect to process mobs like Tyson processes chickens

Though - On the Edge, 12 HP and no armor seems a quick route to a painful demise

I played a gunslinger with On the Edge once. In 3e. 95% of fights were over for me in two combat rounds, as either I was dead/unconscious by then or all the enemies were, and I wore armor

I spent so much time dead in that campaign that I wound up with at least two spare characters (one for use while main character was dead, and the second for when both the above were dead)
Note though that "On the Edge" does not mean "must sacrifice defense"; it's not Berserk. Her Dodge score is quite high, as is her Area Defense blaster-parry score. It just means you don't back out of the fight before it starts, or flee the scene when the Imperial star destroyer starts launching waves of their unshielded fighters.

And while I don't have armor listed, the SWTOR gunslinger (and sniper) have portable force shields they crouch behind (just didn't stat or account for that), and with her Flimsy Cover perk she can take cover behind practically anything and essentially not get hit.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote