View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #14
Delcar

Default Re: GURPS Dragon Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piperdog View Post
Interesting thread! I was kicking around the DA concept for a Gurps campaign myself. I have the hardcover collectors edition of the Prima Guide for Dragon Age, and it has a special section in the back with in depth campaign setting material. Pretty good stuff, really.

As to Green Ronin's pen and paper game, I was very surprised at how much I like it. It is very retro in it's feel, but incorporates some cool but simple mechanics. It's rules lite though, so if you want the crunch of Gurps, avoid getting this game. It's not worth buying for the background information either, because it is very brief. I have much more source material in the back of my Prima Guide than in my boxed rpg set. In all fairness though, this is set 1, geared toward people who are brand spanking new to tabletop rpgs, and covers only basics and levels 1-5. More boxed sets are coming out to expand on it, so we'll see how it evolves.
Good to know Piper - I've been avoiding guidebooks for a while now, but may get the DAO one.
Delcar is offline   Reply With Quote