Thread: OGRE IN ITALY
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #50
Leonidas
Banned

Default Re: OGRE IN ITALY

Hi,

This is not a standard update. This is about Ogre Objective 218. It is an awesome game. Not only the artwork is compelling, but also the mechsnics are addictive. It’s a “Ok. Just one more game again” feeling. It is a must to have and play for all ogre fans in my opinion. Moreover, all units have a thematic feeling. The Ogre (an mkiii) is tough and terryfing. GEVs are sneaky. Infantries do their job as they should alwaiys do. Howitzers behave as long range units. Light GEVs are quite useful for surrounding tactics. Heavy thanks are strong frontline units. The cruise missiles are the “panic button” to be used agsnst Ogres or “I want to get rid of that unit, now!” situation.

The objective of the game is to occupy the enemy’s command post. You do that by building a supply line from you command post, placing cards/units on a virtual grid. While you place cards/units, you attack enemy cards/units and advance to your objective. It is a symmetrical kind of game. No dice are involved. A game lasts 10 minutes generally. There are a couple of tutorials on the web to learn how to play. The instructions in the box are very clear.

The game has its charm, without doubt.

Let me know what do you think about Ogre Objective 218. I am very curious.

Leonidas out

Last edited by Leonidas; 02-09-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote