View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #16
ZmbeHntr

Default Re: [DF] Question about "You All Meet at an Inn" [Pyramid 98]

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
A wizard's Staff isn't a magic weapon.
That sounds like a whole new thread on if enchanted items used as a weapon would be considered magic weapons.

Quote:
If you make a party with no defense against incoporeal or diffuse foes, you probably shouldn't be surprised if you do poorly against them. This is a thing I try to point out when I see it. At least hire a guy with True Faith and Affect Spirits.

There probably are at least a dozen spells and abilities that work well against Toxicifers, all you need is one of them.
Hopefully if the GM was running this adventure for a group new to DF entirely, there would be some check to make sure at least one player had a way to deal with these enemies. Still, these are hardly rare enemy abilities to encounter and should be planned for.

Quote:
A rather important thing to remember about Unkillable: it does not include immunity to consciousness checks, and a Toxifer has HT 10 (and probably is classed as a Worthy, not a Boss). Do 10 damage to it and it's going down. It has a Dodge of 10, so half of attacks miss, but there's no reason not to all-out attack against them (their attack doesn't allow an active defense anyway) so any starting character should be hitting an average of at least once per round for 2 damage. Or you can use an area spell that will ignore diffuse.

However, 'get rid of the monster generator' and 'figure out how to not send characters one at a time into a woodchipper' are pretty basic DF skills.
That is interesting to note about worthy monsters. Assuming the GM is using those rules, how would Unkillable and Worthy interact?

Those basic skills you mention tend to be more "break anything that looks suspicious" and "never split up the party" in the games I play in, but the point remains the same. :D
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote