View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 11:51 PM   #48
Phantasm

Default Re: Social Vulnerability: Daddy Issues (?)

I'm pretty sure the point people are trying to make is: It's not the belief itself that affects the pricing of the Delusion, but how you act on the belief.

Let's take the "aliens live on Pluto" Delusion.

-1 point actions: You believe it, keep it to yourself, and maybe look through the New Horizons probe data that's been made public looking for proof in your spare time. You otherwise live a normal life.

-5 point actions: You believe it, mostly keep it to yourself, occasionally give voice to the belief, and when it comes up in conversation state quite assuredly that the New Horizons probe will prove you right. You otherwise live a normal life, but people think you're eccentric in this one thing.

-10 point actions. You spend every possible waking moment pouring over the New Horizons probe data looking for the proof, which affects your ability to live a normal life. Your friends, family, and co-workers are concerned for your mental health.

-15 point actions. This belief has the appearance of having driven you bat-s**t insane. Honestly, I'm not sure how this would be played out.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote