View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #19
DangerousThing

Default Re: Wait Maneuver and Multiple Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
Thank you for the Kromm link. I was looking for that earlier, but couldn't find it. It is the best post on the Wait maneuver I have ever read.

IMHO, I think this would be a legal Wait maneuver:

Wait until someone comes around the corner, then Move and Attack. Once the wait is triggered, I can decide whether to move towards or away from the guy depending on the armor I see him wearing. Alternately, you could select a simple Attack as your triggered maneuver, but then you would only be able to take one step towards or away. In any case, I think it's legal to forfeit the move, step, and/or attack of any maneuver at any time; so if someone nonthreatening came around the corner, you could just stand there.
This is vague. Remember the wait must specify what you will do if something happens. You're putting off what you'll be doing until after the wait triggers; "depending on the armor they are wearing" is vague.

In addition, I believe that a move and attack only allows forward movement.mat best you could just stand there. However, Kromm has stated that you maneuver is visible to everyone. I'm not sure what a move and attack would look like if you moved zero yards though, but I think you'd look hostile. Also, your attack would be limited to 9 even if you didn't move during your move and attack maneuver.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote