View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #4
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Representing a large corporate empire

This is likely a collection of advantages rather than just one. Patron typically operates in a limited capacity focused on your mission or job. If the character has money to throw around as they like, that's effectively Wealth. If the character has increased social clout in most or all circumstances, that's effectively Status. The character may also have Patron over and above those, but given the range and scope of what they're getting out of this deal, it sounds like a whole bundle of advantages, not just one.

By way of analogy: Bruce Wayne probably has the Wayne Corporation as a Patron. He gets to ransack their R&D, can use it as a political proxy, and so on. He also has cash to spare and personal social clout as an old-money scion of his wealthy family. And he knows talented people within the company he can use for various purposes: make gadgets, get information, and so on. This gives him Status and Wealth and probably Contacts in addition to the Patron-specific parts of his relationship with the corporation.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote