View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #12
kdtipa

Default Re: GURPS Modern Fantasy Setting - Alternate History Help

I do have a tendency to over do it. My intention was to make something that technology wouldn't just brush aside, and which your average homeowner wouldn't be able to stop on their own. I don't envision the PCs going up against Trolls... certainly not at the beginning. In my head it was that military units would have to be created to hunt them and try to control the population around the world. And in my head it was why the world would have a much harder time achieving the population we have today. I also want something where by reputation, the players know there are things they should escape from if ever confronted with them.

Your mention of stealth monsters working does make me think. You're probably correct that Trolls wouldn't need to be epic combat monsters to achieve the goal.

I'll need to keep thinking about it for sure. But that's part of why I'm posting here. I'm still in the process of making this setting, and everything is up for change. I'm still hoping to get more ideas on how the world would be different now after the introduction of continents-worth of civilized species; a similar amount of animals (including some dangerous ones); and of course the introduction of magic.
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote