View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #6
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [Powers] The Power of... Gadgeteering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Thank you! That feels like a strong signal I'm on the right track with this. Here's a few more:

Battlesuit
168 points

With 2d-1 × 10 minutes of work and an Engineer (Battlesuits) roll, you can add servos to a suit of armor to turn it into a battlesuit. This gives the wearer +10 to Lifting and Striking ST, Super Jump 1, and also makes the suit's weight not count towards encumbrance. The suit's abilities operate for 1 minute per margin of success. You can extend the duration by working longer and making multiple rolls, as with other equipment modifications.

Statistics: Afflictions 1 (Advantages, External ST +8, Lighten Armor (Weightless), and Super Jump 1, +1,600%; Based on Own IQ Roll, +20%; Cosmic, Duration is cumulative, +100%; Delay, Triggered, +50%; No Signature, +20%; Accessibility, Only on a full suit of armor, -40%; Immediate Preparation Required, 2d-1 × 10 minutes, -45%; Melee Attack, Reach C, -30%; Gadgeteering, -0%; Special feature: ST bonus and Super Jump apply to wearer, not armor) [168].
This is quite clever. I'd just call this "Extra ST without HP" since that's what you are essentially doing.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote