View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #15
Tomsdad

Default Re: [MA] Silent Sentry Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiste View Post
I'd think theres a good chance that the stunned reaction involves no loud sound emitted (esp. from headwound knockdown result).
Though nothing to rely on completly.
Maybe a luck roll kind of thing for that - 50/50 chances for ordinary surprise stunned reaction, smaller chanche for cry out for stun reaction that involves your brains being shaken inside your skull. (lets say 1/4 or worse)
Can modify this with luck advantages etc.

There might be tradeoffs -- "Am I more likely to succeed a mouth covering grapple and then continue the grapple and sound suppression for long and effectively enough vs. likelihood in succeeding in some quick and dirty smack to the head and hoping the surprise/stun will be enough to keep the sentry quiet."

Probably first one is better for really trained PC-s the latter who have received just a quick instruction or seen hollywoood movies might be better off with just trying their luck with something quick and dirty.
Yes I think your right, the problem is when you having to do this you tend to be doing so in situations were you need it to go well.

I.e if a silent removal isn't really that important you wouldn't go to the trouble of attempting which it self opens you to risk. You'd just shoot them.

Which is why as stated it trained as a two man job from a position of surprise, i.e you eliminate variables and stack the situation in your favor as much as possible because the repercussion of failure are high.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote