View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #15
chandley

Default Re: Banestorm Victims in Dungeon Fantasy

There are also chargers that work by sticking one end in a campfire (or other heat source) and filling another end with water. I have one in my car kit and one in my backpack, as a useful emergency phone charger.

Tight-beam burning isnt terrible in DF (pretty much x1 vs everything but diffuse, and has the option of a vitals shot). An Omni-Laser (a pulse-beam laser (+1 CF) with an electrolaser stun/lethal option (+1 CF roughly) gives you tight-beam burning, cr ex, electrical stun and electrical save or die. If that is rechargeable, well, you can go a long time on that. Make it Sig Gear though!

I would definitely go a rifle, even if it is just the survival laser. Acc 12 is unheard of in DF, and even without gunslinger will basically sell the package.

For TL 6-8, using the rules in After the End to reload modern cartridges with black powder could extend a banestorm victims ammo supply. DF doesnt _cannonically_ have blackpowder, but there have been articles effectively adding it without any real violence to the setting. Here, the WWII guy with a heavy rifle built to be used as a club, with the addition of a bayonet, is basically a Musketeer with better ROF. They will have to pick up DF armor at some point, but could probably make it through the first delve with a flak jacket and a helmet. Sig Gear on the rifle is still probably a good idea.

Neither the Demolisher nor the Musketeer have a UB, so 10 points for ROF 3 WWII guy, to 20 points for ROF 10 TL 8-10 guy, would be my gut instinct. Allow Gunslinger as a powerup for the character and let them rock out.