View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
Nymdok

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Campaign Idea

A few thoughts----

Plot -
Good Villains are priceless. Work on the Dark Lord and what he wants, and why he went away. Maybe to rustle up more sacrifices?

Firestone Mountain at the border of the Frozen North sounds like a PERFECT fit to plug in the old White Plume Mountain module from TSR.

As always get a good idea of what you want your Orks to be like. This is a non-trivial question as lo, there are many flavors of Ork.

A Concave wall of smooth obsidian where the lava cooled against the utterdomes sounds gorgeous.

Human sacrifices for the Dark Lord's evil purposes? If that isnt a ready made Hook I dont know what is. Thats an entire adventure in itself.

I'd prolly also throw in some Lost Tomb of Martek type 'glassea' just because Im a sucker for the classics. :) I like the idea of a sufficient amount of snowor water could case an earthquake the way cold water can rupture a hot pyrex dish.

Monsters - Im sure the new DF boxed set of monsters is gonna be just the thing, but to add a few of your own.

Because the Volcano plays such an important role in the stories formation, you're gonna need a few ice elementals, fire elementals and stone elementals. I know this sounds crazy, but flip through a pokemon book for some idea combinations.

Go nuts with the Chimeras. Kitbash any REMOTELY mountain, snow, tundra, or volcanic monster. The level of magic and magical research that has been done in the surrounding area essentially writes you a blank check that is clearly signed 'a wizard did it'.

You mention a few different undead, Id go with these
Ash Zombies/Skeletons/Wraiths/Spectres
Heat Zombies/Skeletons/Wraiths/Spectres
Not that you need one of each type, but go through there and see what pings your creativity. Bonus? Depending on how deeply the downs are covered by Stone, that could very well be a 24hour vampire zone like 30 Days of Night.

Who on earth would willingly live underground inside the dome of Rock/Obsidian left by the utterdomes? Goblins, Orcs and anything else that generally shuns the light.

That oughta get you going, at least a bit.
Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote