Thread: 4e Cyberpunk???
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #55
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: 4e Cyberpunk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Well, it's a work in progress, so I can make edits to where the bombs/missiles hit (though I'm still having some targets on both sides surviving for the same reason, because it makes sense). Any other thoughts on it?
Nothing really objective, just matters of taste. I'd personally either start with the Shadowrun setting (full disclosure: I've already converted it) and work from there if I wanted 80s Cyberpunk with elves, orcs, and dwarves shoved in, or take the fantasy elements in a different but thematically-appropriate and self-consistent direction.

For example, maybe the nukes opened a Banestorm or similar rift to Faerieland, and the magic comes from there with aesthetics to match. Or to the dimension of Japanese folklore; Japanese stuff is freakin' huge in 80s Cyberpunk. You get the idea.

Regarding major cities, I'd just wipe the obvious bullseyes off the map and say that the new centers of population are the surviving small cities that rose to prominence for something enduring that is still of use post-semiapocalypse, like transportation hubs, and the ones positioned to receive and support the most refugees safely.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote