View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #16
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Default Re: Stuff I'd like to see in Pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenite
In general, how open are the creators to doing that kind of checking? I've assumed "Please read and comment before I send it to the slushpile" requests would be in the spam category.
Depends on the author, the article, and the writer. I vaguely remember Werner H. H. Hartmann and I checking with David Pulver about our THS martial arts article, or perhaps Steven Marsh checked for us.

I wouldn't mind checking Martial Arts articles if they are rules expansions or rules options or techniques or historical/real styles, but I'm really busy so it's not always an option. Steven might prefer it if some unknown author submitted an article, but then again, he might not. There is no need for me to check a fictional style - like Phil Masters said, MA is a toolkit, and building your own styles is part of the deal.

In general, though, you probably don't need to, but you can if you want to - and I expect most authors would answer the email or PM, at least, even if only to say "I'm busy, if Steven Marsh wants it, that's fine...good luck" or something to that effect.
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote