View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #3
Mordantus

Default Re: Mindbending deamscape/psychic danger room encounters

Thanks for responding! I've seen and printed all of the Planeshift supplements, they're pretty cool.

I am not sure how I will handle the Planeshifting skill yet, I will probably require a number of turns to collect mana. I more or less decided to use the ritual casting rules, so spells can be cast at default with a penalty equal to the number of unmet prerequisites. I think I'm going to hybridize it though and let them also put spells in points if they want to be extra good at a particular spell AND so that they can access some of the higher end spells that have a ton of prerequisites.

I also decided not to use the Magery advantage, since they are all mages anyway by virtue of being planeswalkers. Ritual casting was actually kind of confusing to me. I'm not sure why they need the Magery ad, the Ritual Casting skill, AND I think a second skill was required. I simplified it down to a VH skill for the school of magic they chose.

I also added a gather mana skill, so they can roll every round (at a penalty if they do anything else) to collect mana and use that instead of FP or HP to power spells. I will, however, let them use FP to accelerate casting times if they so choose.

I will check out the supplements you mentioned, those sound cool. Thanks a lot!!
Mordantus is offline   Reply With Quote