View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
thastygliax

Default Re: Mindbending deamscape/psychic danger room encounters

I'm not sure if there is a GURPS sourcebook that goes into this in any great detail. Warehouse 23 has the Dream Theater (where the sleeper's dreams become real), Cabal has some brief info on dreamworlds,CthulhuPunk has rules for psionic travel to Lovecraft's Dreamlands, and Psionics has some high-tech gear that can manipulate dreams. (These are all books for 3e, which I know much better than 4e.)

If you're willing to look at other systems for ideas, Occult Adventures (for Pathfinder) has rules for both creating mindscapes for mental duels and for traveling to the dimension of dreams.

And if you haven't seen them yet, Wizards has a series of Plane Shift articles for using M:tG planes in D&D 5E games. They've covered Innistrahd, Zendikar, Kaladesh, Amonkhet in the past, and Ixalan just dropped this month. A couple of these articles discuss planeswalking in very general way, but don't offer rules mechanics for it, as the designers seem to feel it's better left as a plot device to drive the story.