View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 09:16 PM   #37
gibberingmouther

Default Re: Dragon Ball Inspired "Ki" Hero

i decided on +25 yards/second flight per 10 ki points spent, so a fighter with a power level of 100 could move about as fast as an aircraft, and a super saiyan or someone using kaioken at that level could go faster.

anyway, i decided that this flight enhancement should give a bonus to dodging ... first i decided on +1 dodge per 10 ki spent, so at the almost epic power level of 100, you could dodge just about everything. but i wanted to make super saiyan and kaioken not useless at high levels, so i changed it to +1 dodge per 20 ki spent (so you max out your dodge around power level 200). ki sense also gives a +1 to defenses against physical attacks from biologicals (but not bullets, for example; and now i just thought i might have to get rid of acrobatic dodge because of stacking abuse...). anyway, let's say you have power level 60 and you use your ki to give you a plus 3 bonus to your dodge score, so it's now 11. but to get this bonus you're moving at maybe 160 yards/second. it seems likely that the act of dodging this fast might place you in an adjacent or farther away hex. are there any existing rules to deal with this, or if not does anybody have a clue how to implement it?
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote