View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 05:40 AM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: THM: RPM Path of Chance

I have found the path of chance to be one of the most versatile. I once wrote a list of cheap RPM spells that could be common in a low tech world. chance showed up a good deal, as its the most strait-forward way to add bonuses to skill rolls.

Bless Company (offensively)
Spell Effects: Lesser Strengthen Chance
Inherent Modifiers: weight, area, bestows a bonus
Greater Effects: 0 (x1)

This spell gives a bonus to the attacks of a group of men. One of these subjects is "core" and the others need to stay within range of him to have the spell continue to effect them.

Typical Casting: Strengthen Chance (3) + 5 tons (6) + 10 yards (8) + 30 min (2) + bonus (+4 To weapon skill rolls) (8). 27 energy (27x1)

Bless Company (defensively)
Spell Effects: Lesser Strengthen Chance
Inherent Modifiers: weight, area, bestows a bonus
Greater Effects: 0 (x1)

This spell gives a bonus to the defenses of a group of men. One of these subjects is "core" and the others need to stay within range of him to have the spell continue to effect them.

Typical Casting: Create Chance (6) + 5 tons (6) + 10 yards (8) + 30 min (2) + bonus (+1 To Blocking rolls) (2). 26 energy (26x1)

Similar things can be done with individuals or non-combat rolls. It should also be remembered that the path of chance does divination. Which can be very useful.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote