View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #45
starslayer

Default Re: X-Files level characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
You are underestimating their intelligence. I would say that they are both at IQ 14 (they have multiple interests and hobbies outside of work that suggest that they are geniuses) with significant Talents, as they are considered exceptionally smart for FBI agents (who are not going to be average intelligence when you look at their selection criteria). Each of them could probably be accurately represented with Attributes of ST 12 [20], DX 12 [40], IQ 14 [80], and HT 12 [20], which means that making them 250 point characters would be appropriate given their advantages and skills. You could probably make a FBI 'Special' Agent template with 250 points using the above Attributes as a beginning.
I mostly included the lower values for the cult of stat normalization, representatives from will inevitably be here in a few more posts to argue that neither of them are more than IQ 12.. If I were building them it would be IQ 14 + several talents for Mulder, IQ 16 for Scully (Scully at least to me just always seemed globally very smart in the GURPS sense, socially dynamic, able to pick up on things quickly, high mental defaults, and working from a generous starting point for anything she did know)
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote