View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #16
Leynok

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#39): Daredevil, Luck, Super Luck

I tend to take Luck often. Either because I've already got the basics of my Character concept done and have the points left for it, or just because I want it. From what I've seen, it encourages doing things that are less likely to work, and it feels great when those risks work out even without needing to Luck at all.

Super Luck... Never used it, had very few opportunities to use it. Even if I did, I question if it's worth 100 points. I mean sure, naming the result (which is usually just 3 or 18, depending on if you're using it on yourself or the enemy) is great, but is it really 100 points great? I feel like I would just be much more competent spending those 100 points on other things; and if it was important to be lucky from the character concept, I would probably just get the 60 point version of Luck and pocket the extra 40 for other things. In fact, I think the only time I've seen another player in my group take it, he was specifically going for the "lucky newbie" kind of build, and avoided spending many points into actual skills or attributes.

Daredevil I think my group forgets exist most of the time. Not really sure, probably because the few times it was taken, it never got much use.
Leynok is offline   Reply With Quote